Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
The Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Program is committed to providing access and opportunity to students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds who demonstrate commitment, determination and potential for success in an academically rigorous and challenging curriculum. The program assists students who are capable and motivated and provides them with financial support as well as academic, career, and personal counseling for as long as they maintain their enrollment status and meet other program eligibility requirements. Each student also works closely with an assigned adviser/counselor who will work with them on a plan of action for success.
Information for students admitted to the program
In addition to individualized academic, financial, and personal counseling, as a pharmacy EOF student you will gain access to the following resources:
- The state-funded EOF Summer Pharmacy Enrichment Program, a five-week summer residential institute offering noncredit courses that prepare incoming first-year students for the preprofessional years of the pharmacy curriculum
- An EOF grant each semester as part of your financial aid package contingent upon meeting eligibility
- Financial assistance for approved Rutgers Summer Session courses
- Access to free tutorial services for core curriculum courses
- Comprehensive workshops addressing professional development and academic enrichment
- Programs on self-esteem, confidence-building, and stress management
- Access to tutoring through the Rutgers Learning Centers (RLC) and the Math and Science Learning Centers (MSLC)
- Student leadership development opportunities provided through the pharmacy EOF office’s affiliation with professional pharmacy associations
For more information about EOF eligibility please visit the State of New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education website.