Mary L. Wagner, PharmD, MS
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration
William Levine Hall, Rm 232
Phone: (848) 445 6392
Specialty: ADHD, Alzeimer's, Headaches, Parkinson's, Seizures, Sleep Disorders
Practice site: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
PharmD, University of California at San Francisco
She has a Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of California at San Francisco and a Master of Science in Pharmacotherapy from the University of Minnesota. She completed a general residency at the University of Arizona, an advanced residency in ambulatory care at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and a fellowship in epilepsy at the University of Minnesota. She joined the faculty at the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, in August 1990. She participates in clinical care and research in Ambulatory Care Neurology at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick and the John F. Kennedy Hospital in Edison. She has over 60 publications in the field of neurology and has also written for several pharmacy text books on topics, such as migraine, sleep disorders, and Parkinson’s disease. She enjoys mentoring students in the pharmacy Honor’s and Independent Study Research programs. She currently serves on the international Medical Advisory Board for the Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation, the Interagency Council on Osteoporosis for the New Jersey State Board of Health, and a Data Safety Monitory Board for the National Institutes of Health. She also chairs the Neurology Section on the Annals of Pharmacotherapy Editorial Advisory Board. She is licensed to practice pharmacy in the states of Arizona, California, and New Jersey.
I have various research projects in Sleep disorders, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. Current project include:
1. Survey of bone health and risk factors in patients with epilepsy
2. Open label Longitudinal study of the effect of antiepileptic drugs on bone health
3. Double-Blind Placebo-controlled trial of Sinemet in Children with and without Periodic Movements of Sleep,
4. Sexual Dysfunction in Women with Parkinson’s disease
1. Wagner ML, Walters AS, Fisher BC. Symptoms of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults with Restless Legs Syndrome. Sleep 2004;27(8):1499-504.
2. Wagner ML, Alonso J*, Melhorn A*. Commentary: Comparison of Internet and Community Pharmacies. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001;35(1):116-119.
3. Gugger J*, Wagner ML. Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder. The Annals of pharmacotherapy. 2007;41(11):1833-41.
4. Recognition and Management of Leg Disorders across the Spectrum: Improving Quality of Life. Symposium chair and speaker. Satellite Symposium 2007 ACCP Annual meeting, October 2007 (Denver, CO)
5. Update on the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease11th Annual Northeastern Psychiatric Pharmacotherapy Symposium, October 2007 (Northampton, MA)
Awards & Honors
Rutger’s University Faculty Academic Service Increment Merit Award 1994, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008